Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving

Today, at work, we were treated to a lunch of Turkey and all the trimmings. Will, some of us were. A friend of mine and myself were all ready to go up and get some food. Our co-worker, Jeff, must have been watching, cause he came through the office quickly and told us he was going up. Someone has to be in the office at all times, so I stayed behind. About a half hour later, "Jeff" came back with a box top, from a box of printer paper. Inside he had 4 plates, filled to overflowing with food. I went to get something to eat, there were only scraps left. Lots of desserts, but only scraps of everything else. I ate my small lunch, then went back to our office. I had been gone for almost 45 min. When I got back, Jeff was still eating, he still had one plate left to go. He asked me if I got enough to eat, so I told him the truth, no, someone took it all. Here is the kicker, he didn't catch on from me saying that, or when our boss took him aside and explained to him this was not an all you could eat buffet. There were some people who didn't get any lunch, just desserts. At least their supervisor baught their lunch for them, although it was not what they had had their hearts set on. There was 70 lbs worth of Turkey fried, which you would think would be enough to feed all of us. Guess not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

70 lbs of fried turkey? Maybe Jeff will keel over from heart disease...

pappasan said...

One would have to think so. Jeff is a 50 yr old man, but he has the mentality of a 10 yr old. He met his current wife online, while he was married to another lady. Moved here down here to Texas. She is a very large woman an since they got married, Jeff has put on about 100 lbs. I heard he was somewhat bragging of how much he took for lunch. That would have fed my whole family.

Queen Mum said...

Sadly enough, that is one reason why we served the Christmas dinner already on plates at church. We have run out of food before. Some of the over-sized teenage boys get in line first and pig-out (literally). They bring the kids to the states to play football, so they lose all the fat, but not the piggishness. Their parents' cuture does not look on that as particularly bad. You ought to see a luau! and no leftovers!