Monday, September 1, 2008

What a weekend this has been!!!!

Like all weekends I worked till 1:00 pm on Saturday. Then I go to Dialysis till around 5-5:30. Pretty regular stuff. While I was on Dialysis, Sumo called and said there was a leak, where water was dripping through our ceiling. I ask if she could tell where the water was coming in at and she thought she found it. Needless to say it was wrong, not her fault, we do need to replace some shingles. Instead what we later found was the idiot who put in our A/C up in the attic, put an emergency overflow on a pipe that goes to the sewage system, not the catch pan underneathe the A/C unit. This happened to overflow, with nothing below it except for a wood walk way and the ceiling over our hallway. Everytime the A/C would run, this overflow would, will, overflow. So Sumo and I worked on it to try and correct it on Saturday night, after our date night. Needless to say that didn't work either. Then Sumo called an old friend in Colorado who owns his own Heating and A/C company. She told him what was going on and he gave her some ideas to try and fix. So this morning I went to HomeDepot to get the parts and started some repairs to the drain as she was running. When she got home, we ran a fish tape through the line as far as we could. Then sealed everything back up. So far so good, no leaks as of yet. Now all we need to do is fix the ceiling in the hallway, where the paint has come off.

4 comments:

Queen Mum said...

Not much fun, huh? But at least no more showering in the hallway.
I cleaned all weekend. Stuff that you don't see, so there is no obvious clean spots to look at. Sigh, how come so much effort looks like you watched tv all weekend? Everything was so dusty, I ended up taking a little benadryl, but now it is cleaner.

Laura said...

I feel like that is how most of our weekends go lol. You guys are awesome to have figured out the leaking cealing situation though =)! I hope this weekend is better!

Laura said...

yikes! I meant ceiling =)

pappasan said...

We figured it out, but now we have to fix the drywall. May need some help for that.