Monday, September 22, 2008

Kidney Walk

The Kidney Walk has come and gone now. Thank you all for you thoughts and donations. I know alot of you weren't able to donate, but your thoughts were with us. We started out prior to the race with at least 10 members on our team. Friday night we lost two of them, Connor and Chance had a Merit Badge College on Saturday. Much to Connor's dismay, he was really looking forward to running against his mother in the race. We picked up two members, one Friday when our dentist joined the team, only in donations, and a friend of mine walked with Sara and me. Rebecca went on to win the All Around Womens run and a $50 dollar gift certificate to Luke's Locker. She posted a great time of 23 min. 45 sec. run. I think the best was Theron walked the most of the 3.1 miles with Ivy. He got tired of riding with cousin Abby, so he got out and would run a bit then walk. Adam and Elizabeth were both there as well. Cudo's to Elizabeth for taking on such a walk so close to her due date. All in all we raised close to $600 for this walk. I am not sure how much sure how much my friend Ash donated, but knowing him it was probably a good amount. Thank all of you who donated, for those of you who participated, and for all of you who had us in your thoughts and prayers. Next year I hope more of you can join us. I think we all had a good time, and it went to a cause that has helped our family out quite a bit over the past year and will again help over the coming years.

4 comments:

ADAM BROWN said...

The Kidney walk went well. Ben. I like your playlist.

pappasan said...

Thanks Adam, I think you are about the only who likes my playlist besides me....

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah! My head's gonna explode! When all's quiet in the Steershold and I sit down to do a little bloggin' before I start my hw, the last thing I want is for my computer to start blasting "GIMME FUEL GIMME FIRE GIMME THAT WHICH I DESIRE!!!" This is my only break during the day when I don't have to hear people screaming their demands at me. Can't you put something quieter on there? Oh, and yay Kidney Walk!

Queen Mum said...

My computer has been blissfully silent for several months now. Somehow, the sound didn't get plugged in right, so your playlist is "dumb". I am glad the kidney walk went well. Maybe I can join you next time. Who knows where I will be.........