Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Really makes me wonder.....

As many of you know, I grew up sick most of my life. I was talking with my niece earlier, through email. She has one son, but the subject went to "She couldn't imagine what my parents had gone through, those many years." As most of us never think of this, until it is too late. It reminded me of the time I was in Intesive Care, in a coma, and there was a CODE called for a room next to me. My parents had just left to go get something to eat, when they heard this. They rushed back to my room, not remembering the room number I was in. When they got there, they found it was an elderly woman next door to me. They were relieved, but the toll it took on them was tremendous. I had never seen my father cry, but my mother later told me when they left the room that day, he walked a ways, then leaned up against the wall, sunk down in tears.
Maybe it is because we are parents now, that this hits closer to home, than it did back then. It has made think how great a parents love is for their children, how great the sacrifices are of a parent to their children. I wish I could tell my father the love I have for him. I know he knows, and come this next January I will show him, by doing his work in the Temple. I know this does not compare if he was alive and I could tell him face to face, but he will then know how much I really do care for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now if you take that love and magnify it to imagine the love God has for us all and the pain He must feel when one soul loses it's way. How awful to know you are losing a child for eternity...

Laura said...

Ben, I am excited about the temple work you are working on getting done come the new year =). I know your dad will truly be grateful and joyful =).