Friday, January 30, 2009

So Far, so good............

As many of you know, for the last few weeks Becca and I have been training to do my Hemo Dialysis at home. Tuesday, a day of ice and freezing rain, we started for the first time, at home. The nurse who trained us was here for the whole treatment. Wed., was the first time just Becca and I did everything on our own, except for the kids being at home. Becca is doing great, she sticks me with the needles, 15 ga needles to be exact. But for never having given a shot, she now has to hit a blood carrying graft in my arm. To me, I feel more comfortable having her stick me than I did at the Dialysis Center. She may tell you differently, but as far as I am concerned, she is doing great.
Both Becca and I worried about the kids being around all of this, especially Connor. He saw me once on Dialysis in the hospital, turned white and started to faint. Luckily, Becca rushed him to the hallway turned him upside down, before he actually did. But Connor has been doing great with this at home, as well as the other childre are.

5 comments:

Queen Mum said...

We all miss your mom, though. She is terrific.

pappasan said...

And she misses being here with everyone. She really enjoyed herself, getting to bond with everyone she doesn't get to see often. Theron had a hard time when she left, he wanted to go on the plane with her.

Laura said...

I'm glad you don't have to go to the dialysis center anymore!

rock pup said...

its weird having the big machine here, and tahoe, well i dont think he enjoys it very much. i dont mind it but it does tend to get in my way. o well. but yeah its nice that connor has been doing great with all this. i dont mind seeing so uch blood r anything like that. but yeah... its nice to have you home more...

pappasan said...

rock pup, it is an antimate object. It cannot get in your way, you choose not to walk around it. It is nice not to have to go downtown every other day, but to be at home those days.