Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thinking

I have been reading all the blogs lately, not actually commenting, just reading. Time constraints and lots to do at work keeps me from being able write much. Then when I get home, I have dialysis to be on and it is somewhat annoying typing, one handed. I have always wondered, I know when we die, we will be restored to our perfect form. Our spirits reunited with our bodies, no scars, no pain. But I have always wondered if I would be reunited with the body I have now, or the body I would have had, if I had never had the illness that somewhat stunted my growth. It doesn't matter, I am just curious. I like to think, through all the trials I have had in my life, that I have become a better person from them. I can only hope that I am as good of a parent, as my parents were to me. I always hope that I am a good husband to my wife, though I know I could do more. I look at the relationships my wife has with her family, and wish all my siblings could be more like that. I do wish I could get more rest, but that will come one day. I feel I am more understanding to people's disabilities than most people. I wish I had more free time, if so I would volunteer to help those in a similar situation, that I am in.
I don't have to do anything great, to even be recognized at doing something worth while. To me, I am the only one who has to recognize that I have done something to help someone else. Too many people these days will point out how great they are, for what they have done. It is only great when you are humble about it. So for now, as I get older, these are some of things I still hope to acclomplish in my life.

2 comments:

matt said...

RSS is the only way to keep up with so many blogs. Especially when so many of them update infrequently, that way you only have to check one spot to see who has posted - much less disappointing.

Laura said...

I like your thinking Ben - I like reading what other people are thinking because I feel too tired to think most of the time. But I suppose we all feel this way. Everyone is tired in their own way right? But I am thinking....what a good way to be tired - staying active with our families, working hard, having things to do and things that need to be done. It's a blessing - even if we feel too tired to recognize it sometimes =). Anyway, mostly I just wanted to tell you thanks for sharing your thoughts. It means a lot.