Thursday, March 19, 2009

Customer Service??? HA!!!

I have to get prescription medications at least once a month, more if I get sick. I left a pharmacy, CVS, for poor service; not getting the correct amount of medications, when they filled them. Not filling them when they are suppose to auto-refilled. So I changed to Walgreens. They were great, when I first started going there. But as of late, I stand in line for 45 minutes just to drop off prescriptions. They do have a drop off window, but the lady there said she couldn't help me. So I am standing in line, 10th person back in the line, and I notice there is only one person working the counter and the drive thru window. He would help one drive thru customer, then a counter cust then back to the window. I waited almost 30 minutes, which in turn resulted in only two people being helped in the counter line. I left with another 5 people behind me, 8 people in front of me and 8 cars in the drive thru lanes. All of this and only one person waiting on all of them. The busiest time of day for pharmacies would have to be after work, but the bulk of employees work earlier then that, when the number of customers are a fraction of the later hours. Mind you, I do not blame the store itself, but the corporation in general. I overheard one of the pharmacy techs mention to a customer, that the corporate offices had cut the number of employees working the pharmacy. To me that doesn't make much sense, considering there are more people everyday going to Doctors, then the doctors write out the prescriptions, then the pharmacy fills them. It is just trying to pick them up or in my case, trying to drop them off where you might as well take a lawn chair to sit in. They are however, Pharmacies, it states it in the name.

1 comment:

Queen Mum said...

Our insurance no longer lets us use the pharmacy for long-term medications; if you don't use the mail order for three months worth, you have to pay full price. For you, though, drop them off in the morning (if you can, and pick them up at lunchtime). At least figure out how to get there during the less-busy times. You go often enough, you should be in the "preferred customer" line!