Monday, August 4, 2008

Here I go again.....

Sumo wrote that I was in the Hospital again. It started on Friday with the beginnings of Peritonitus. An infection of the cavity that holds all major organs. Saturay I was feeling well enough to go to work, then all of a sudden, terrible pain. All the fluid in the peritonium, leaked into the tissue of the abdomen. Needless to say, that pushed the infection to a whole new level. Caused me to go septic, where the infection entered into the blood stream. So now I am waiting to have a Hemo Dialysis port put in, Tuesday morning. This is only until they can figure out what happened with the peritonial cathater. I am doing much better. Grandpa Haynie and Adam stopped up yesterday and gave me a blessing. I hope they figure this out soon, although this stay has been much better than the last time I was here.

4 comments:

matt said...

I would think the hospital stay would be much more tolerable if I was allowed to have a laptop and a decent internet connection...and a cell phone and peanut m&m's. It would be even nicer if I could watch my kids from a webcam so if they started crying I could just turn the volume down or off. >cough< >cough<

pappasan said...

Yes Matt it is much better to be able to have my laptop and cellphone here. Their wireless is not to bad. I have to stay in through the weekend, by the then they should have a handle on the treatment. Then we have some deciding to do. One problem with Texas Health, no Dialysis Center is open for patients who work a full time job. So I will go back to my old ways of working long hours on Tuesday/Thursdays then go in on Saturdays.

The guy who ROCKS!!! said...

That sounds like soooooo much fun for us all. You can't go swimming, play paintball and you don't have very much free time.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaw, my poor babies have no more daddy :( Look how sad they are. I think they need another uncle out here to take over, Adam can only do so much...