Monday, December 8, 2008

What has been your favorite Christmas memory?

Mine was of my father. My mother, as my wife can tell you she still does, went overboard with gifts for the kids. But my dad would go out and get something the whole family could enjoy. One year, on Christmas Eve, he showed up with snowmobile for all of us. Another time, I believe while we were eating Christmas Eve supper, he left the table and went outside. He was gone for a short time, before he returned to finish supper. He had left to go and bring a Pool Table into the basement, mind you not the best of pool tables, but we still had fun with it. He loved to surprise us this way, which always gave me the best memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My all-time favorite Christmas memory was Santa peeking in all the windows at my Grandparents' house on Christmas eve.

Queen Mum said...

We lived in Colorado where the air is dry all the time. During the winter the heat made everything drier; and when we would walk into a house with lots of cooking, it was moist and warm. That was the best at Christmas. Presents were good, too, but mostly I remember the ambiance.