Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How would you react?

Last week I had a co-worker, whose daughter had to have surgery on her neck. This girl was born with multiple birth defects, this surgery was something to repair her neck and back. She had to have a bone graft done, to strengthen part of her neck. She is nine years old and has a fantastic outlook on life. The whole school system, where she lives, treats her great. My thoughts on this are, kids with a great outlook, like hers, make it that much easier on the imediate family. Being a parent, I cannot imagine having to go through something like this with a child. Being a long time patient, I consider myself a great patient, but I have never been good, when the tables are turned, ask my wife about that. I must say, I do get somewhat grumpy when someone is not feeling good, but will not find out why. Even Becca has said, she would never be able to stick needles in one of the children as she does for me. Is that because she knows I have been through it before and for a child it would be new for both?? How would you react?? I know you would do what you needed to, but how would you react, when you got the news you were gonna have to do something, or you child was gonna have to go through so much??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still waiting to find out "why." Fat lotta good it did me to go to the doctor, Grumpy.

Elizabeth said...

It is a lot easier to know "why". Some people go for years without a proper diagnosis. That is harder than knowing, even if it is something awful. At least you have the "why". I am hoping to get my doctor to do a little more thinking, or send me to someone who can figure out my blood pressure problem. I am too healthy to be sick................

Panharith said...

Best year EVER!!!




Goldenslot สล็อต
GCLUB

elmota7ta said...

شركه مكافحه حشرات بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بابها
شركة مكافحة حشرات بخميس مشيط
شركة مكافحة حشرات بينبع
شركة مكافحة حشرات بتبوك

دليل نقل عفش جدة
شركة نقل عفش مكة
شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام

slot machine said...

slot machine ที่ได้รับความนิยมชั้น 1 ของทวีปเอเชีย ที่มากับระบบฝาก เบิกเงินอัตโนมัติ เร็วทันใจมากขึ้นเพื่อการทำ แจ็คพอตแตก พีจีสล็อต ก็เลยเอามาให้บริการ บนเว็บ เกมสล็อตออนไลน์